Similar in taste to a ginger ale but with a punch of turmeric and all its wonderful health benefits.
Raw honey, lemon, lime, pineapple, ginger and turmeric make this kefir soda not just flavorful but incredibly beneficial for you too.
Blend together a batch of concentrate to keep on hand whenever you are in the mood for a yummy turmeric ginger brew kefir.
- 1 pound ginger root
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ pound turmeric root
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 1 pound of lemons)
- 1 cup of lime juice (about 1 pound of limes)
- 32 ounces of pineapple juice (approx 1, 3 pound pineapple)
- 2 ounces turmeric ginger concentrate
- 2¾ cups prepared water kefir.
- Chop up the ginger root and turmeric root into ½ inch pieces.
- Blend the root with the water in a until it is finely chopped.
- Strain off the liquid from the ginger and turmeric root.
- Mix the ginger/turmeric liquid with the rest of the ingredients and place into a large container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix together the prepared water kefir and the turmeric ginger brew concentrate.
- Place in a tightly closing bottle and let sit at room temperature for 1-5 days until carbonated. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- This recipe makes around 50, 2 ounce servings. It can be stored in the refrigerator for several months or poured into ice cube trays and frozen for long term storage.