If you have extra fresh strawberries you need to use up or if you just want a yummy strawberry drink, give this recipe a try.
All you need are some fresh ripe strawberries and some finished plain water kefir. About 24 hours later you will have a strawberry infused drink that is as pleasant to drink as it is to look at.
- 3 cups prepared water kefir
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- Place chopped strawberries in the prepared water kefir and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Remove the strawberries and chill the finished strawberry water kefir for 4+ hours.
- If you would like this drink to be fizzy like soda, place the finished strawberry water kefir in a tight sealing bottle and let sit another 1-2 days at room temperature before refrigerating.