If you love warm, spiced apple cider during the cold months, you will almost definitely love chilled sparkling spiced apple cider during the warm months.
Brew up a batch of spiced apple cider and then add it to you finished water kefir to create a lovely, bubbly soda that is fragrant with spices and apples.
- 10 cups unfiltered apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries
- 1 orange peel
- 2½ cups water kefir
- 6 ounces spiced apple cider
- Combine all ingredients for the spiced apple cider in a crock pot or a large pan on the stove.
- Cover and brew for at least 6 hours then let the apple cider cool to room temperature.
- Mix together the spiced cider and the water kefir.
- Bottle and let sit 1-2 days to become fizzy.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.