If you like Sprite or 7-UP you will love this lemon lime kefir soda. Not only is it good for you (probiotics, reduced sugar content, etc), it also tastes great!
Some fresh lemon and lime juice with a bit of honey to give the water kefir a sugar boost make this soda super fizzy and super yummy. Throw together a batch today and start enjoying your own homemade, healthy soda!
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 3 cups prepared water kefir
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix together the lemon juice, lime juice and honey until the honey is dissolved into the juice.
- Mix the juice/honey mixture with your prepared water kefir.
- Tightly bottle and set aside to sit at room temperature until fizz has developed to your liking.
- Refrigerate and drink chilled.
- Use proper bottles for the fizz building step otherwise explosions can occur. Check the recommended products page for proper bottles to use during this stage.
- Make sure to check the amount of gas building and burp the bottles often to be safer.