Make a tasty ginger beer soda in just a couple of days time with this easy to follow recipe. All you need are some fresh lemons, ginger, water kefir and patience.
You’ll be glad you waited!
Ginger Beer Water Kefir
Write a review
- 2½ cups finished water kefir
- 5 ⅛ inch thick slices of ginger
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Place your ginger slices and 1 cup of water kefir into a blender. Blender until the ginger is fine.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, don't worry about the seeds falling in at this point.
- Pour in the rest of the water kefir.
- Transfer to a jar and cover with a lid.
- Let this sit at room temperature 8-24 hours.
- After 8-24 hours, strain the solids out of the water kefir.
- Place the flavored water kefir into a tightly sealed bottle and let sit 1-2 days to become carbonated.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Yummy Kefir http://www.yummykefir.com/