This pretty purple ice cream gets it beautiful color and delightful flavor from fresh, ripe plums.
If you are looking for a great way to use up some of your plum harvest, look no further than this wonderful plum kefir ice cream!
- 3/4 cup of plum pureé
- 2 cups milk kefir
- 1 cup cream or kefir cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of sugar
- Take 1 pound of fresh, ripe plums.
- Halve and pit them.
- Blend the plums into a pureé.
- Strain the blended fruit to remove the skins.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until the sugar is dissolved. Taste the ice cream base, it should be sweet. Add more sugar if your plums were on the sour side.
- Use the base in your ice cream machine according to its instructions.