Very similar to King’s Hawaain rolls, these sweet rolls are a great addition to breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This versatile dough can also be made into loaves and toasted if you prefer.
This yields 2 loaves of bread or 18-24 70g rolls.
- 6 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- ¾-1 cup milk kefir
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- Stir together the yeast, water and tablespoon of sugar in a cup and let stand 10 minutes to ensure your yeast is active.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugary yeast water, milk kefir, sugar and eggs. Once combined add the salt and flour, knead 4-5 minutes with a mixer or 10-12 minutes by hand.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, around 2-4 hours depending on the temperature of your home.
- Once doubled, place the dough onto a well floured surface and rolls into buns. 70-100 grams in size depending on how large you like your rolls.
- Cover and let rise again until doubled. Bake on the center rack of a 375° ;Fahrenheit oven for approximately 24-30 minutes until the tops are golden.
- This recipe can also be used to make 2 loaves of bread instead of the rolls.
- To get a nice sheen on your rolls, brush the warm rolls right out of the oven with some butter.