Chia seeds and milk kefir come together to make a thick rich pudding that requires no heating.
This plain pudding makes an excellent base for any number of add ins.
Dice up whatever fruit is in season and toss it in for a fresh fruit pudding. Add in a touch of vanilla extract right before eating (¼ -½ teaspoon) for a yummy vanilla pudding. Or just eat it plain and enjoy!
- ¾ cup milk kefir
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar or honey to taste
- ½ cup sliced fruit (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Combine the milk kefir, milk and chia seeds in a cup.
- Cover and let sit overnight until the chia seeds have plumped.
- Mix in the salt and sugar.
- Enjoy plain or optionally add fruit.