Do you have beautiful bottles that you use for your secondary ferment with tiny necks that need cleaning? You can buy specialty bottle brushes for your bottles or you could clean them with just some uncooked rice and water.
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice per bottle
- hot water and cold water
- Start by soaking your bottles in hot water for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot water out and let your bottles come to room temperature. If your bottles are hot and you put cool water in them, you can cause them to crack or shatter.
- Put one tablespoon of rice and ⅓ cup cool to room temperature water into the bottle.
- Close tightly and shake the bottle vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Rinse the bottle and you are done!